For a three years, I served as Regional Training Administrator for a library system. I oversaw the training of more than 70 staff members.
- I was responsible for creating and administering Personal Education Plans (PEPs).
- Assessed training outcomes through surveys, reviews and practical exercises.
- Designed, developed and delivered training on many subjects including; Google Apps (Corporate), electronic timesheets, online schedules, e-books and e-book readers, digital photography, Envisionware and Evergreen (library proprietary software).
- Developed numerous systematic training aids on a variety of general and library subjects.
- Developed and delivered an interactive online course, “Tell Me What Happened in the Story.” The course, accredited by the State of North Carolina, helps early childhood educators, parents and others learn how to share a book with a child. Early childhood educators receive a certificate for one continued education credit (CEC) for completing the course. Though the course was successful, there were not enough funds to create more online course.
- Served as leader of the Staff Development Committee.
- Facilitator of Social Media Committee.
- Serve on the Information and Technology Workgroup.
- Serve on the Marketing Committee.
- Serve on the Regional Advisory Support Group for supervisor.
I received no credit or reward for giving this job my complete devotion. You see, I did all this under the close (did I just say close), very close supervision of two of the most wicked and vile people I have ever known. They were both textbook narcissists. When I think of them today, I see two serial killers that even Ted Bundy would have feared. I watched one of them turned their head completely 360○, while the other one spewed fire from the mouth and nose. They didn’t know I was watching; or they did it for my benefit, I don’t know which. It was like I was stuck in a horror version of the Truman Show.
After working with a clinical psychologist over the course of two years prior this, I managed to go without medication for almost five years (awesome story). Within three years these foul and disgusting creatures, along with their minions, not only caused me to go back on medication, but nearly destroyed my self-confidence, and my life.
Looking back on it; it was all my fault. But, they looked so normal at first. There was time we went out to lunch and they were very angry the menu didn’t have baby dragon on it. That should have been my sign to get out while I could; except I really needed a job (another good story for later).
Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief.